Monday, April 7, 2008

Love mania

I come from a family of crazies and married into another so I know a lot about mania. It's where the manic one energetically humiliates and exhausts his or her loved ones with one form of silly insanity followed by another. In northern climates like Detroit the relief of spring after months of dreary winter brings with it widespread mania in many forms, this from sane people, however. The worst is the love mania. It's where two people find each other and then rub our faces in it like we care. (Shut up, I did it with the girl friend, I know, so shut it, but we are talking about them and not about me.) I live downtown in my little city and the street and sidewalk in front of my house is crawling with them. They are holding hands and groping one another energetically chatting as they burn off excess energy walking and roller balding in front of my house as if to say, Look At Us! We're the Only Manic Assholes on the Planet! Well you're not. Spring makes manic assholes out of all of us and now I'm gonna go bang my girlfriend in some inappropriately public place.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T