The boys are home from college and they and their stuff have prompted the first leg of my spring cleaning. Lordy, those boys were living like pigs. The night before their last final I rented a U-haul van and loaded the thing up with those big multi-gallon Rubbermaid plastic containers and drove the 2.5 hours to their dorm in Kalamazoo. It was 11pm when I got there and worked with them to scoop their stuff up out of the filth and into the plastic bins and haul all that into the van. And it was nearly 3am when I got home. The next morning -- a work day -- I hauled the bins into the kitchen. Finals over, this weekend they carried it all down to the basement and I washed about 10 loads of their laundry. I also sorted and organized and popped some unused or outgrown stuff into bags for transport to poor people. I'm only now starting. Lots more to do. I look at the basement shelves with pride for they are now rid of the crazy clutter from before. Man, too much stuff is a burden.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T