Saturday, December 15, 2007

I love Dianne Feinstein, I hate Hillary Clinton

The people who love Hillary say that we Hillary-haters despise her: (1) because of her "policies," and (2) because she's a tough woman. That is rubbish. It's true enough that I dislike Hillary's primary policy, which is to do and say anything, and to purport to espouse any position, no matter how inconsistent with her prior positions, in order to acquire and maintain power. And it's likewise true enough that I hate Hillary's brand of pseudo-toughness that compels her to aggressively dig up and spread trash and lies about her political foes.

What I really hate about Hillary is that she think's I'm an idiot, that she's not genuine, and that her every move is calculating. I also hate the fact that she is vindictive. Ask any person who knows her, and, in a moment of candor, they'll acknowledge this.

I also lack respect for her because she's not tough. A tough person admits that he's made mistakes, doesn't ride in on the coatails of her husband, and is honest, which she demonstably is not.

But by god I love Dianne Feinstein. She has policies other than those of the self. She's a raging San Francisco liberal and makes no bones about it.. She doesn't fling mud. Everyone who knows her says she is kind and decent and genuine. She's quietly and elegantly effective without saying "I" all the time. When I lived in San Francisco she was mayor and was well liked by everyone and got things done.

Hillary is trying to make this presidential race a fight over her supposed experience versus Senator Obama's alleged lack of it. This is odd because when she was running her husband for president her argument was for change over experience, which is what Obama is advocating now. Also, she doesn't have much experience that I value in a presidential candidate -- you know, like running things.

If Dianne Feinstein we're running I'd probably vote for her. Since she's not, I'm voting for Senator Obama. But I'd never, ever, not in a million years, vote for that abominable piece of phony crap, Hillary Clinton.

Cackle.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T