One thing is sure about life: it never goes the way you think it will. The last several years I've bellyached about how I never thought my former wife would go borderline on me, that she'd pick up a boyfriend, that my marriage would fail, and that my family would be split in two.
There's so much more that I didn't think would ever happen.
I didn't think I'd make it to my teens, and then I didn't think I'd make it to 20 much less 30 or 45. I thought I'd be dead, murdered I guess. Plenty examples of dead guys when I was growing up so no wonder.
Then I didn't think I'd graduate from college, or law school, or that I'd be a lawyer or work for a big firm or that I'd be a partner there. I figured I'd never amount to much because there weren't a heck of a lot of hard-chargers in my recent ancestry for a kid to emulate.
I never thought I'd own a home in a nice town, that I'd drive anything other than a junker, or that I'd find the ease to talk to anyone the way I now do.
There is so much good I dreamed I'd do or have but didn't really think would come to pass but has.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T